Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I used to love this record!

I was in a car the other day about 14 months ago - in the unfortunate position of having to sit through someone else's selection of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' latest CD - so I sat there thinking "I used to love these guys... but they seem to have become complete wankers - what happened?"

And so I have decided to start a regular feature on this blog right here to work out if the bands and records I used to love have stood the test of time. Do I still like them, did they go all wrong in the meantime, or was I going through a phase of terrible taste?


I'm going to randomly trawl through my memory and record collection to rewind my thoughts and feelings and see how they match up to today's me. And then grade it. Please try to contain your excitement. 

Based on the results I've had exploring my vinyl library over the past few months, this stands a pretty good chance of being rather embarassing. 

Let us play.

No comments: