Saturday, September 13, 2008

Did I win this award?

I'm not sure what I should say about this...

One of the last things I did before I left for my world trip was work on some projects for Canon over at Look.nl. Now I find out (via Ralf) that one of the projects was chosen as the People's Voice winner in the Rich Media Advertising: Promotional category of the 2008 Webby Awards


Can I legitimately call myself an award winner? I realise that most advertising types wouldn't think twice about scooping up the logo and popping open a bottle of Taittinger, but... all I did was about 2 days work concepting and preparing the pitch to the client. I'd left by the time the execution started, so other people creatively directed, art directed, designed, wrote the copy, did the Flash, etc. 

It's a nice site, by the way, for the Canon EOS 400D  - take a look!

I'm uncomfortable taking credit for something I didn't do, so I'm not going to! Instead I'll congratulate my former colleagues, and get busy working on new award-winning projects that I can honestly take credit for. 

A final thought: Dear Taittinger people, why is the English language version of your website so horrible? I'll redo it for you in exchange for a year's supply of fizz. Merci!

No comments: