Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trebles all round

Since starting life as a freelance copywriter, I've had the time, inclination, and inspiration to rekindle some old passions - including writing about music.

Via the magic of contacts and tipsy conversations at parties, I've landed myself an occasional gig writing music previews for the Amsterdam Weekly. It doesn't pay much, but that's not why I'm doing it. I just enjoy writing about something I get excited about.

Also, you can sometimes get into gigs for free. Secretly, this is the bit I enjoy the most: "I'm on the list, mate... yup, plus one, cheers!"

Here's a quick sample. Click to go big and legible:


Check the Amsterdam Weekly, er... every week, for more. Possibly also Time Out Amsterdam soon - depends how the networking goes at their launch bash this week.

No comments: