Saturday, August 9, 2008

A tortoise coming to you

Hi there!

Welcome to my new blog. The old blog was written by me and my wife, Debs as we spent a year making our way round the world. That was pretty brilliant, I must say. Now we're back home in Amsterdam, and about to resume business as usual.

This one's going to be just me doing the writing. I'm not sure what it will be about - I'll start with my life and work in Amsterdam and take it from there.

"Why's it called Silver Top Tortoise?" I hear you cry. Well, my Mum tells the story of me as a small boy, playing on the path out the front of our house in Beaconsfield. Don't ask me why, but I was walking a silver milk bottle top down the path singing "A tortoise, a tortoise, a tortoise coming to you". I like that story. I also like the way my imagination turned a bit of foil into a tortoise, and then made up a little song. Ask me nicely and I'll sing it to you :-)

It's also the name of my new company, which is essentially just me, inc, doing freelance interactive / creative stuff. Copywriting, concepts, campaigns, strategy etc. If you're interested, check out my website.

That's enough intro, I think. What happens now?

No comments: